On NICU we have both formal and informal teaching
- We have formal teaching every Thursday afternoon.
- The Neuroradiology meeting every Tuesday is designed to offer teaching opportunities based on specific imaging and clinical scenarios.
- There are other formal educational opportunities across the directorate and we strongly encourage and support you to attend.
- We encourage questions during ward rounds as they should offer an educational opportunity too.
- Induction Lead is Dr Danny Matthew
- Teaching and educational lead is Dr Andrew Hitchings.
Current guidelines and protocols we use
Recorded teaching sessions for learning and reflection
Useful Educational Documents
The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine – Assessment Forms : Here you will find useful Work Based Assessment forms to help you record your activities.
All trainees and clinical fellows will either be allocated a designated Educational Supervisor if they are new to the Trust or a dedicated Mentor (Clinical Supervisor) if you already have an Educational Supervisor.
If you have any problems on NICU please contact your ES or CS and they can discuss any problems. A mentor is also somebody to come to if you have any specific issues on NICU and need a helpful ear.